SAN DIEGO - Caretakers at the SeaWorld San Diego Penguin Encounter say it will be another month before they know the gender of the newest emperor penguin chick.
SAN FRANCISCO - Virgin America said Thursday it was launching a fare sale on flights to Toronto, with some seats from California for $149 each way, plus taxes and fees.
CHICAGO - United Airlines will add daily flights from San Francisco to Mammoth Yosemite Airport in the resort town of Mammoth Lakes, the company said Wednesday.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County coroner's office says a 15-year-old girl who collapsed during the Electric Daisy Carnival rave in June died as the result of an ecstasy overdose.
SAN DIEGO - Divers worked through the day Thursday to extract a rare World War II dive bomber from the bottom of a reservoir but were unable to finish removing thick silt and mud from the plane to enable it to be lifted out of the water.
- Divers work to lift WWII plane from Calif. lake
- Man falls at Disney's California Adventure park
- Divers to pull WWII plane from Calif. reservoir
- Volunteer greeters offer free tours of hometowns
- Body identified as missing Swedish tourist
- Lonely Planet giving away road trip itineraries
- Teenager's death puts focus on LA's rave parties
- LA police say they issued warning of rave danger
- CA State Fair looks to reverse lower attendance
- No stockings, now no problem at Disney theme parks
- Disney adding interactivity to latest ship
- Museum is home to world's largest bunny collection
- Discount airlines start new round of short sales
- Virgin America apologizes over grounded plane
- Airport body scanners spreading across US
- Michael Jackson's 'Captain EO' returns to Disney
- Getty, Sicilian officials launch art collaboration
- SkyWest plane hits LAX jetway with propeller blade
- Full schedule of flights resume at Sky Harbor
- For $65, tourists get peek at Los Angeles gangland
- NY art dealer Jeffrey Deitch to head LA art museum
- Bottles of honey cause Calif. airport shutdown
- JetBlue expands presence in San Francisco
- Virgin America joins airline fare sale stampede
- Santa Barbara touts links to 'It's Complicated'
- Travel briefs
- JetBlue announces winter sale with blackout dates
- Electrical outage causes Calif. hotel evacuation
- California man drowns in southwestern Mexico
- Travelers' choice: Shed shyness for security?
- Famous San Francisco sea lions leave in droves
- Disney sees superhero dollars in Marvel unknowns
- Bad economy forces Calif. art museum to close
- Lakers: Artest injured in fall at home