ROME - Gazing at the Colosseum in moonlight can make for a romantic date.
ROME - Italian police have recovered hundreds of ancient artifacts in their latest effort to crack down on the looting of art, and have looted art, and they chose a unique setting to display them Friday: the Colosseum.
FLORENCE, Italy - Two of Galileo's fingers, removed from his corpse by admirers in the 18th century, have gone on display in a Florence museum now named after the astronomer.
ROME - A huge museum for contemporary arts and architecture opens in Rome this weekend in a bid to draw avant-garde art lovers to a city defined by its ancient monuments and Baroque fountains.
ROME - Tourists will soon be able to visit the underground of the Colosseum, where gladiators once prepared for fights and lions and tigers were caged before entertaining a bloodthirsty public.
- Art official: painting in storage may be Raphael's
- Hike the Italian Riviera on cliffside trails
- A glance at flight disruptions due to volcanic ash
- Rome to display ancient Greek silverware
- Rome exhibit showcases Italian master Caravaggio
- Masked merrymakers cavort in Venice for Carnival
- Report: Getty adviser concerned statue was looted
- J. Paul Getty Museum director resigning in LA