TOKYO - Japan has issued a travel alert for Japanese citizens living or traveling Europe, warning them of possible terrorist attack by al-Qaida or other groups.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea asked for talks with South Korea on resuming cross-border tourist trips to a resort inside the North, state media said Saturday, a day after the rivals agreed to hold reunions for families separated by the Korean War.
MANILA, Philippines - Foreign carriers may be invited to fly routes served by the troubled flag carrier Philippine Airlines if its flight attendants go on strike, the tourism chief said Friday.
MANILA, Philippines - China is angry after a violent hostage drama in the Philippines killed eight tourists from Hong Kong, and the Southeast Asian nation can do little to soothe the powerhouse, as a raft of visitor cancellations has hit the country's tourism industry.
SHANGHAI, China - The Chinese company eHi Car Rental said Monday that a consortium led by Goldman Sachs has agreed to make a $70 million investment.
- Philippines mourns, HK angry after hijack deaths
- Mayhem in Manila: 9 killed on hijacked tourist bus
- Hospitals: 6 out of 15 bus hostages dead
- Police move in, some hostages leave Philippine bus
- Ex-policeman in Philippines holds tourists hostage
- Luxuries from China's Forbidden City to travel US
- Shanghai Expo: Squat toilets, touch screens
- Finding the wow amid the kitsch at Shanghai Expo
- Taiwan opens first tourism office in China
- NKorea to seize SKorean assets at resort in North
- NKorea says it will seize 5 SKorean assets
- Japanese architects Sejima, Nishizawa win Pritzker
- 4 big US airlines apply for Tokyo slots
- Delta, Continental, United apply for Tokyo slots
- North Korea says it will allow more US tourists
- Global travel group opposes Delta-JAL tie-up
- Harbin ice festival a feast of fancy, lights
- UN lauds US and SKorea for lifting HIV travel ban
- Confusion in Europe after US demands more security
- Airport attractions, from polar bears to music