MANILA, Philippines - Foreign carriers may be invited to fly routes served by the troubled flag carrier Philippine Airlines if its flight attendants go on strike, the tourism chief said Friday.
MANILA, Philippines - China is angry after a violent hostage drama in the Philippines killed eight tourists from Hong Kong, and the Southeast Asian nation can do little to soothe the powerhouse, as a raft of visitor cancellations has hit the country's tourism industry.
SHANGHAI, China - The Chinese company eHi Car Rental said Monday that a consortium led by Goldman Sachs has agreed to make a $70 million investment.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines acknowledged "inadequacies" in handling a hostage crisis that killed eight Hong Kong tourists, as anger over the botched negotiations erupted Tuesday in Hong Kong with demonstrations and harsh words.
MANILA, Philippines - It looked like a hostage rescue in slow motion: Police creeping up on the bus with sledgehammers and smashing first one window, then another, then trying and failing to rip open the door.
- Hospitals: 6 out of 15 bus hostages dead
- Police move in, some hostages leave Philippine bus
- Ex-policeman in Philippines holds tourists hostage
- Luxuries from China's Forbidden City to travel US
- Shanghai Expo: Squat toilets, touch screens
- Finding the wow amid the kitsch at Shanghai Expo
- Taiwan opens first tourism office in China
- North Korea says it will allow more US tourists
- Harbin ice festival a feast of fancy, lights