TOKYO - Japan has issued a travel alert for Japanese citizens living or traveling Europe, warning them of possible terrorist attack by al-Qaida or other groups.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea asked for talks with South Korea on resuming cross-border tourist trips to a resort inside the North, state media said Saturday, a day after the rivals agreed to hold reunions for families separated by the Korean War.
KOH TONSAY, Cambodia - Ask for the crab.
PANAJI, India - The Indian navy plans to take over two scenic islands popular with tourists in Goa for scuba diving and beach parties because of security threats.
SIEM REAP, Cambodia - Tourists gather every day before dawn to watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat, a 12th-century temple and the grandest legacy of Cambodia's once mighty Khmer empire.
- Philippines to offer PAL routes in case of strike
- Philippines counts cost of China's fury at deaths
- EHi Car Rental gets $70M investment
- Philippines mourns, HK angry after hijack deaths
- Mayhem in Manila: 9 killed on hijacked tourist bus
- Hospitals: 6 out of 15 bus hostages dead
- Police move in, some hostages leave Philippine bus
- Ex-policeman in Philippines holds tourists hostage
- Gay men hold 1st foreign wedding ceremony in Nepal
- Luxuries from China's Forbidden City to travel US
- New Orleans back in Travel + Leisure top 10 cities
- Vietnam scraps $56B bullet train project over cost
- US lifts travel warning for Thailand
- 1,000th GI killed in Afghan war was on 2nd tour
- Shanghai Expo: Squat toilets, touch screens
- Finding the wow amid the kitsch at Shanghai Expo
- Taiwan opens first tourism office in China
- NKorea to seize SKorean assets at resort in North
- NKorea says it will seize 5 SKorean assets
- India opens Himalayan peaks to foreigners
- Mall capital of Asia: When in Manila, go shopping
- Japanese architects Sejima, Nishizawa win Pritzker
- Obama postpones Asia trip to focus on health care
- Cambodia to preserve Khmer Rouge sites for tourism
- Indonesian villages cashing in on 'hobbit' craze
- 4 big US airlines apply for Tokyo slots
- Delta, Continental, United apply for Tokyo slots
- Malaysia says US wrong to warn of Borneo threat
- North Korea says it will allow more US tourists
- Global travel group opposes Delta-JAL tie-up
- US says Pakistan harassing its diplomats
- US complains of Pakistan harassment of diplomats
- US complains of Pakistan harassment at checkpoints
- Harbin ice festival a feast of fancy, lights
- UN lauds US and SKorea for lifting HIV travel ban